voice from *Hear*

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 19:03:03 +0000

Hi Avery,

Not so sure what you mean by string side?  What I should have said,
referring to a grands.  I place the grand action on a table needle three
times from the keyboard end walk round the action and needle three times
from the check end.  Pinting the needles towards me, supporting the
hammer with an old piece of rounded fall board that is  if the hammers
are extremely hard.... or just my thumb if not.  If I'm picking out,
then I tend to needle from the keyboard end and needle away from me
supporting the hammer with my index fingers of my left hand.  I never
put the needles in from the direction of treble to bass (the side of the
hammer)

An upright for deep toning I lay the action down on a bench or the floor
of a customers house and for picking out, I have the action in the piano
and I just needle from the top.

Hope this explains it a bit better.

Regards,

Barrie.

In article <v01530508af49f5bf1200@[129.7.16.211]>, Avery Todd
<atodd@UH.EDU> writes

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |