Upright Damper Blocks

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 09:14:41 -0500

Bill,

I did one of those beasties and am going to do another.  Forget using APSCos
blocks.  The angles of the holes are wrong.

Forget cutting dowels and get the regular dowels with blocks from supply
house.  If you need to cut shim stock to glue between block and damper to
get the proper length from string to wire hole.

These systems are such a royal pain in the backside that I would do anything
and verything possible to make the job as painless as possible.

I just traded a grand and upright regulation for an old 1916 S&S 52" upright
that I am going to redo for sale or for home.  I will NOT do this one the
way I did the last one.

        Newton
        nhunt@jagat.com