Sealed pianos

SGrossner@aol.com SGrossner@aol.com
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:22:38 -0500 (EST)

<< This model, designed by an archetect I was told, had a wrap around the
side
 design which required the bottom panel to be removed the sides swung out,
 lid lifted and when it was finally open enough to tune there were about 20
 screws laid out on the whatever.  To remove the action required the removal
 of 42 (Forty Two and no/100) screws!!  That was one piano I hated to tune.
 My first employer had a 300 plus stock of rental pianos and the had three of
 the damned things.  I kept trying to hide them of the sales people would
 always find them, not matter where I hid them.

         Newton
         nhunt@jagat.com >>
Thanks for reminding me. I worked on one of those too. As well as an art deco
knock- off of one. Sam G. Chicago.