Ethical quandry

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 11:48:03 -0600 (CST)

>If, at the time you recommended the dealer to the customer,
>you were unaware of the forthcoming finder's fee; then you acted in
>good faith...
>
>Jon Page
>Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)

As I understood the original post, it was not a finder's fee Tom C.
received from the customer.  He was paid by the customer for an evaluation
of a piano which the customer decided on at the dealer's store he
recommended.  This would be unrelated to the commission/finder's fee
dilemma concept.

As some of the earlier posts have indicated though, this still doesn't
remove the possibility of how it might be perceived by others if discovered
later on that a commission was being received.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731