Damper puzzle

Warren Fisher fish@COMMUNIQUE.NET
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 18:40:14 -0800

Jon Page wrote:

> Bottom board moving with pedal play or corrosion on
> springs riding in felt punching.
> Jon Page
It had nothing to do with these.

The "even but tilted lift" part makes me guess that perhaps the wooden
action rails have come unglued and the dampers are now attached to a
floating rail.

Tom Seay, RPT

That was my first guess also!

>The damper lift rod hangers are not aligned properly.
>Newton

The hangers were fine, Newton

>Broken action brackets? The supports for the action brackets way too low at
>one end?
>Susan & Tom

The action brackets were whole.

Newton was real close to it.  The rail wasn't hanging right but it
wasn't the fault of the hangers.  If no one guesses tonight, I'll post
the answer tomorrow!

Good Luck!

Warren

--