Ethical quandry

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 21:24:44 -0500

>>There are different fees involved here. Each with it's own scenario...
>>
>>Stil pondering,
>>Jon Page
>>Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)
>
>Jon, List,
>
>Because there are so many scenarios, I have been trying to narrow this
>search by establishing some kind of example as I posted.   Even that one
>example is difficult to stay focused on.  But if an answer is discovered
>for one, that might lead to answers for other scenerios.
>
>I appreciate the input thus far and am glad you're stil pondering,
>
>Keith A. McGavern
>kam544@ionet.net
>Registered Piano Technician
>Oklahoma Chapter 731
>Piano Technicians Guild
>Oklahoma Baptist University
>Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA

Keith,
        Slippery is a good word.  I felt like my head was being squeezed
trying to pin down a simple answer.  Ethics, motives, relationships, greed,
power and other consideration are evident, each has its pull and push.  I
think I need more wine to get this straightened out.
        The ultimate goal is was is best for yourself and family.  The
customers need to be acquired, retained and husbanded.  Dealers need to feel
that they can rely upon us for referals.  We are all holding hands in this
and the palm grease makes the grip stronger (or is that the wine speaking?).
        If the answers are too simple there would be no questions.
                Newton
                nhunt@jagat.com