Need Tool case recommendation..

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 10:54:48 -0600

Barb,

   I can't tell you anything about the Schaff, but I just purchased the
one from Pianotek and, basically, I like it. My one personal objection
is the same as with any larger type tool case, it tends to get heavier
& heavier over time. I wonder why? :-) For my work here at the school, I
still prefer just a simple tool roll for my tuning tools and a few basic
regulating tools, etc. Just tuck it under my arm and go.
   The only other objection I have is that it has a lot of very small
pockets for short tools (like maybe would be used in a combination handle?)
and a few larger pockets that will only accomodate short handled tools, and
I just don't have that many of that type of tool. So a lot of the pockets
are still empty. Maybe I should go through the catalogs and find a bunch of
short tools. :-)
   But it seems to be a very well-made case and I'm glad I bought it.
If/when I buy another one though, I'm going to take a good look at the
Genck case. Primarily because it was designed specifically for piano
technicians
type of tools.
   Hope this helps. I've saved a lot of the posts from previous
discussions, so if you have any questions about them, feel free to contact
me.

Avery

P.S. I believe Vince Mrykalo also has one of the Pianotek cases.