Polyester Resin Repair

DaleP34429@aol.com DaleP34429@aol.com
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 10:06:24 -0500 (EST)

<< Greetings all,
 Any thoughts on the best touch-up kit for minor repairs to a (black)
 polyester resin finish?  (OK Les B., you can stop laughing now.)  All
 input will be greatfully received.  I much prefer nitrocellulose, but
 then I don't live in Korea.

Danny,

We find the Koenig kit from Schaff to work well. They have a video detailing
technique. We also prefer nitrocellulous lacquer but polyester is very
workable in touch up situations. Most of the time the chunked out spots will
disappear though real deep scratches can be touchy to rub out if the finish
is not thick. Various brands use different thicknesses of polyester so use
caution. It can be a great source of income if you become proficient. Final
tip- get a trash piece from a dealer to practice on. Good luck!

Dale Probst
Registered Piano Technician
Ward & Probst, Inc.
Piano & Organ Service