offsetting an SAT page -Reply

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 19:26:34 -0600 (CST)

>Vince,
>
>What has not been said _explicitly_ about permanently offsetting an FAC
>tuning record is that FAC numbers are held in "memory" only until a
>machine is turned off.
>
>This means that when you are first working with a new FAC tuning, you may
>re-calculate the tuning and permanently change the deviations of the
>individual notes by the amount of an offset as long as you have not
>turned off the SAT.
>
>When you turn on an SAT and call up a page of memory, the FAC numbers are
>_not_ re-loaded, and so it is not possible to permanently offset a tuning
>record simply by calling up that page and re-calculating the FAC tuning
>record...
>
>Kent Swafford

Excuse me, Kent.  You might want to test these statements on your SAT.  I
just did, and not only does my SAT II retain the FAC readings in a page of
memory, it also retains the offset I entered.  All this, after being turned
off and back on.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician