reply

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 06:57:54 -0600

Hello Arnold,
	It is Mon morning and don't have much time now to reply.  On my pitch
raising I use and SAT and pitch raise using established procedure.  I spend
an hour normal on any kind of tuning.  I do not overly worry about having
the piano in a pristine state of tune after the first session.  I don't
think it is worth the trouble for this first go thru.  Part of my job is to
get the client to realize that it is regularity that is going to keep their
piano in tune along with my expertise.  It sound like you do a very
comprehensive job tuning but if after all you went thru they still wait 18
months then you haven't done all you could for the clients responsibility
awakening to happen.  This is why I lean very heavily on them taking
responsibility and not me taking extreme measures to get theit piano to
hold tune.  Tru, I like to hear an instrument that I tuned before do well
but as a duality between I did a good job last time and that they had it
tuned again when they should.  I think by charging more and asking for more
money the first time discourages them for having it tuned as quickly as we
recommend.  Like to talk more but the working day awaits.
Regards,
James Grebe from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com