pitch raising-was "reply"

SGrossner@aol.com SGrossner@aol.com
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 11:37:44 -0500 (EST)

<<  I think by charging more and asking for more
 money the first time discourages them for having it tuned as quickly as we
 recommend.  Like to talk more but the working day awaits.
 Regards,
 James Grebe from St. Louis
 pianoman@inlink.com

James, I find that half of all pianos I approach are flat by a quarter step
or more. I go to lengths to explain all of the ramifications of my approach,
and I charge the same for each visit. However, I find that fully one third of
all these customers even tho they nod their head and seem to understand, feel
that the first tuning will suffice for their needs, rather than pay twice. In
otherwords, they fail to keep the second appointment. Maybe the other
gentelman's approach to tuning several times the first time is cognizant of
this fact. Perhaps he feels it reflects better on him. Regards,Sam G. chicago