Discounts (was-reply)

Joel A. Jones jajones2@facstaff.wisc.edu
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 14:31:44 -0600

>CAUT's,
>
>   This brings up something I've wondered about lately. Do any of you
>CAUT's give discounts to students or faculty? Just wondering.
>
>Avery

Avery,

How effectively can I say NO.
         Additionally I discourage tuning for faculty 'at home'.  Thro the
years I have found that this can become a double cutting sword.  "You must
tune my piano  'at home'  NOW", (and if you don't I'll make your life
miserable at school).  Most pianists do not attach this type of influence
to their home tunings, but it only takes one.
         With our salaries it is difficult to pass up the extra income.
Some situations aren't worth the misery that comes along with the fee.

Joel A. Jones              Wisconsin Days  April 25-27
UW-Madison             Ramada Limited,  3841 E. Washington Ave.
                                  # 1 regional in the # 1 City