Josef Flux, early 19th-century Silesian piano maker

Willis Bodine bodinew@nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 15:21:55 -0500

Dear Pianotech List:

As a new subscriber, I ask your assistance in two matters:

Does anyone know of a source for information about Josef Flux, an early
19th-century Silesian piano maker?  His Opus #108 has surfaced in our
community, and I am seeking to assist the family in documenting the instrument.

Does anyone know of a recent market sale of a Virgil Tekniklavier (a
piano-sized keyboard with click-action only, no strings or musical sound,
widely used for pedagogy in USA and England in the early 20th century)?

Thanks very much for your help.

Willis Bodine, Professor of Music
 . University Organist and Carillonneur
 . Graduate Program Advisor for Performance,
        Sacred Music, Conducting, Accompanying, Pedagogy
 . Correct E-mail:  bodinew@nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu
 . Correct Voice-mail: (352) 392-0223,  x221
 . Correct FAX:   (352) 392-0461