hammers coming loose..

Warren Fisher fish@COMMUNIQUE.NET
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 14:48:22 -0800

Phil Bondi wrote:

> ..ladies, gentlemen, and Larry(!), i have been blessed with a problem that i
> am not sure how to correct..one dealer in town has a vertical and the
> hammers are coming loose at the *top*

Phil, do you mean off the shank or is the hammer felt coming loose?  If
it is the latter and since you're new and probably have no used hammers
to put on it, you need to get some from another tech or order
replacements from a supply house.  It really needs a new set of hammers
because the others will come loose eventually!  The felt can be glued
back down with either tite-bond or CA glue and a clamp and jig, but the
hammer tone will be different and may be a problem to a persnickity
customer.  If you want to try this, let me know and I'll send you a
diagram of the jig by snail mail.

Warren

--
Warren D. Fisher