Replacing keytops

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 22:11:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Jon

As other people have mentioned, Bill Spurlock put plans in the Journal for
his trimmer, which involves a router mounted in a table.

Yvonne Ashmore made this jig and has used it for years, and I've seen it at
her place in California. I send lots of keys to her, because her key work is
beautiful, and her notches are square and uniform. She could share her
experiences with you. I just phoned her, and she doesn't have an email
address yet, unfortunately. Her phone number is 916-273-8800.

>I don't trust myself with belt sanders for trimming, so I hand file and fit
>tail notches to sharps.
>Takes time but it comes out nice.  Where's a trimming machine?

>Jon Page
>Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)

Susan Kline
skline@proaxis.com