victims 2

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Fri, 02 May 1997 09:40:52 -0400 (EDT)

List;
"Right on - And though I don't feel that there are litigious people lurking
out
there waiting to get me, I do feel we must always think ahead as to how our
presence in the home might look to others."

  A prudent person always has this in the back of their mind, or should.

"Eve in  the Boy Scouts, we leaders now must always have two adults present.
 The legal ramifications of young boys accusing a solitary adult leader of
abuse were too great to allow."

  This is a sad commentary on our Society due to the underlying truth
contained therein.

"I hate it, but I am also determined not to be placed in an indefensible
position."

  This is where the common sense comes in.

I heartily agree that we must do those things which will protect us from
those who would bear false witness against us, but to allow this to run our
business or our lives is to lose your control.  You have passed your life to
someone else when you allow that person, whoever they might be, to dictate
your actions in accordance with your fears.   Any one person at any time may
accuse anyone of anything and having an adult, or two adults, present does
not change that.
  Be prudent in all your actions and use your own judgement in all situations
because even the adult woman at home alone has the ability to falsely accuse
you of misdeeds.
Just remember the axiom "Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean that they
are not out to get me".  :-)  By the way, the differing views on this subject
is the reason we have Pepsi Cola and Coke.
Y'all have a great day.
 Jim Bryant (FL)