a leg up

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Thu, 08 May 1997 10:58:26 -0500

The party was in San Francisco, and got  raided by the local narcos.
Seems they wanted to catch someone smoking a joint and call it a pot
party.  There must have been a lull in the demonstrations.
Fortunatly just before the  paddy wagons arrived, higher authorities
intervened averting an international incident, as Mr Nuriev  was
still a diplomatic hot item.
The police dept wasn't about to press charges against the scions of
San Francisco's high society, so mumbled something about being at the
wrong address.
	I'm sure it made the papers and Herb Caen in particular.  Hmm... be
interesting to see how much of the Chron's archives are on line.
Richard the Speiler Kind
	"Yet the face struck me at that moment as neither masculine nor
childlike, neither old nor young, but somehow a thousand years old,
somehow timeless, bearing the scars of an entirely different history
than we knew"
	Hermann Hesse   Demian

----------
> From: EugeniaCar@aol.com
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: Action Removal Brambach Grand??
> Date: Thursday, May 08, 1997 6:06 AM
>
> In a message dated 97-05-08 02:45:52 EDT, remoody@easnetsd.com
(Richard
> Moody) writes:
>
> << BTW that party made the papers, and it wasn't because the piano
fell
>  down, but that's another story.
>  Richard Moody
>   >>