Acrosonic Spinet

Dianne Salem dsalem@fullerton.edu
Thu, 08 May 1997 13:35:59 -0700

Hi, all.  Ran into a situation last night and wanted your feedback on what
would have been the best way to deal with it.  Tuning for professional
play; they were using an old Baldwin Acrosonic because it had "the right
look"; 50 cents low in pitch.  Had one hour to get in shape during the
crew's dinner break.  Bass hammers up towards the break hitting LH string
of next note; causing two notes to sound when damper pedal was being used.
They told me about this when I arrived (although they described it as two
keys sticking down together -- everything is a sticky key or a tuning
problem, I guess...).  5 or 6 notes in a row doing this in the bass
(obviously just 2 strings per note here).  Also had two badly bouncing /
double striking hammers in this same virused section.

Comments, help, suggestions...?  I was able to get it up and running as
good as possible before their curtain, but I will be faced with this
instrument again in a couple of days and there is always a better way...

Thanks!

Dianne