Kimballs and breaking strings

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Wed, 14 May 1997 00:39:37 -0700

Dave,

The reason the Yamaha P202s break bass strings is because of poor
scaling, to which the company has admitted fault and even offers,
free, a new set of redesigned strings.

You may be right about the overlapping coil problem but I would want
to check how close the Kimball strings are to break point. I suspect a
high-tension scale.

Tom Cole
Santa Cruz, CA