SAT in low bass

Dan M. Hallett, Jr. dhalle@toolcity.net
Wed, 14 May 1997 14:02:19 -0400

Ted Simmons wrote:
  I love my SAT and it performs
> well for me, but it fooled me down in the low bass.  I've been leery of its
> bass capabilities ever since.  Can anyone explain why this happened and how
> the SAT can be used to home in on the correct pitch for these low notes?

Dear Ted:

I've had similar experiences and always use aural checks on all SAT
tunings. I have not tried to understand why. I just figure that any
machine can go wrong at any given time and so use machines to put me in
the ballpark quickly and finish the each interfval by ear as I go along.
Any aberrant readings get closer attention and are noted on my customer
card for the next visit.
Dan Hallett, Jr. RPT
Hallett's Piano Service
dhalle@toolcity.net