Autopilots and VTDs

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Thu, 15 May 1997 18:36:16 -0400 (EDT)

Frank;

<<Tuning with a VTD without understanding what you are about is like
trying to fly with an autopilot and no previous flight instruction.
Both endeavors are doomed to failure.>>

Warren put this on his humor list and it says the same thing??
---From military aircrew to military maintenance crew.---

"Problem:  "Test flight OK, except autoland very rough."
Solution:  "Autoland not installed on this aircraft."

  You really need to know what you are doing in both situations, tuning and
flying.
Rote work is alright, until you come to the exceptions.  It is just that
there are so many exceptions !
Jim Bryant (FL)
ps-- I love my SAT, and hate it. Perhaps I'm having an identity crisis ?