Unisons

Ron Nossaman nossaman@southwind.net
Sun, 18 May 1997 19:25:31 -0500 (CDT)

Travis,

I agree. I sure couldn't get away with leaving unisons that rough. The disturbing thing to me about the unisons in these electronics is the uniformity of "out of tuneness". The error is too exact! Imagine, finding fault with the uniformity of a product's
inexactness. It's amazing we got this far as a species. In piano tone, as with personalities, it's the random garbage that defines character. For better and/or worse.

Ron Nossaman

Travis Gordy wrote:
>David: I agree 100%. Make unisons as clear as possible. But it is
>obvious that designers of electronic pianos think "unisons" have to be a
>little unclean to be more appealing to the general public, or to sound
>more like a real piano. Try holding down a note on an electric piano and
>hear what I mean. Oh I know in normal playing the note is sustained for
>a very short time, perhaps too short most of the time to hear the waver,
>But if I left a piano that poorly tuned I would be in trouble with a few
>customers. I think all electronic pianos are made that way. If I am
>wrong I am sure I will hear about it as I would hope to.
>
>Travis

 Ron Nossaman