Acrosonic Spinet

David Skolnik dskolnik@msmnyc.edu
Tue, 20 May 1997 18:35:20 -0400 (EDT)

At 01:35 PM 5/8/97 -0700, you wrote:
> Tuning for professional play; they were using an old Baldwin Acrosonic
because it had "the right
>look"; 50 cents low in pitch.  Had one hour to get in shape during the
>crew's dinner break.
>Comments, help, suggestions...?  I was able to get it up and running as
>good as possible before their curtain, but I will be faced with this
>instrument again in a couple of days and there is always a better way...
>
>Thanks!
>
>Dianne

I realize that this thread is old and did not generate too much response,
but I recalled that there
was something disturbing me.  Not the question itself, but the
characterization of the "professional
play" juxtaposed with characteristically unrealistic demands of the tuner.
I am not without
theatrical tuning experience, and I know there are times when miracles must
be performed,  but today's
miracle is tomorrow's expectation..   So, Dianne, how did it work out?
David Skolnik
Manhattan School Of Music
dskolnik@msmnyc.edu
212-749-2802 Ext. 455