CAUT Tuning for recordings

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 23 May 1997 09:52:30 -0500

David,

   Nothing to contribute towards your question, but it's interesting
that this subject came up right now. Our new music building (move in-a
little over a month) is supposed to have a fully equipped, state of
the art, recording facility for just the things you mention below.
   I would also like any responses to this question, as I'm sure it's
going to come up soon for me. Maybe this would also be a good source
of extra income added to that *special* piano tech account for extra
supplies, convention trips, etc. talked about here recently.
   Thanks.

Avery

>This question is directed primarily towards CAUTs, I think.  Is there
>>significant recording activity at your institutions?  I am not
>referring to the recording of concerts, but specifically things like
>demo tapes, audition tapes, CD's?  I am asking because there seems to
>have been a dramatic increase in the recording activity at my school
>in recent years, including the somewhat ambiguous area of faculty
>recording, as well as unaffiliated sessions.  While the school charges
>a fee if a special tuning is requested, the tuning is currently
>considered part of our responsibility.
>
>What's wrong with this picture, if anything?  What are your experiences?

>David Skolnik
>Manhattan School Of Music

Avery Todd
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893
atodd@uh.edu

Help stop Internet spam! Join CAUCE: <http://www.cauce.org/
(The Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email)