Plate Painting Question

DGPEAKE@aol.com DGPEAKE@aol.com
Sun, 25 May 1997 18:43:00 -0400 (EDT)

If you want the quick and easy way, Krylon gold spray works good.  For a
better job, I clean the plate then check for dings and fill with Bondo.  Then
spray primer surfaser, 1-2 coats.  Sand down to 600 grit.

Mix gold bronzing powder,  (a little copper to darken if you wish), with
clear laquer, spray 2-3 coats.  Then spray several coats of  clear so the
plate will have a deep looking finish.

After you have the finish you want, then do the art work.  I use a Sanford
ultra sharp pen.  (If you made notes, you can to what was on the original
finish).  Do not spray any more clear, because it will smeer the art work.

Dave Peake, RPT