ca glue-a tip about the tips

Dave Sanderson pianobiz@juno.com
Wed, 28 May 1997 21:58:21 -0400 (EDT)

Ralph and others,
I happen to use a lot of super glue, of course always in an
appropriate application. The problem of clogged tips and ever
larger holes in the tips used to be a great frustration to me as
well. I now bring along with me an extra tip with a hole in it and
use only that one for dispensing the glue.  When I am done
using the glue, I make sure that the hole is clear of glue by
squeezing the bottle until I hear air going in and out, and then
place the original tip, which has no hole, back on the container
as a secure cap.

Glue leaking from a tip with a hole in it can be very costly and
once the hole is cut it doesn't close tightly enough. I know
someone who left his super glue on the car dash one sunny
day. It warmed and expanded out of the container onto the vinyl
dash and then set.  Like I said, very costly and the damage was
permanent.  One must be especially careful using the stuff in a
home.  A spill in that setting can also be incredibly expensive.  It
can also ruin your customer's otherwise great impression of your
skills.
David Sanderson
Littleton, MA
pianobiz@juno.com