CA glue quirk

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 29 May 1997 10:13:39 -0400

Hi, Susan,

What is happening when you use CA glue with another glue is that the other
glue is acting as an accelerator for the CA.  Another way to do what you are
doing is to spray some accelerator on one felt 'ear' and put a small drop of
medium or thick CA on the other 'ear' and then press them togather.  Instand
ear.

        I have used CA on
on split finger nails
felt to anything
hammer shanks
loose hammer glue joints without removing hammer
broken S&S jacks
reattaching cup handles
loose bridge pins
loose damper head wires
loose key buttons
loose legs on stools
where wicking is needed and
        Just about anywhere!!!

I do not use it one key or flange bushings, glueing on dampers, where
wicking IS a problem or where joint seperation may be useful or where slow
setting is desirable.

CA glue sets in seconds and cures in about four hours.

I love the stuff, except when I get it on my fingers, which is most of the time.

        Newton
        nhunt@jagat.com