Pedal dowel bushings-glue-less: Was CA glue quirk

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Fri, 30 May 1997 00:33:06 -0400 (EDT)

> Given also that the rubber and plastic and tape will turn to ossified crud
>  over (a long) time anyway, I said "never again" and went to bushing cloth.

I agree with Susan. The old method really had something going for it here.

Susan, I don't even glue them. I just reach up from underneath and jam the
pointed ends of the two pieces of bushing cloth (say, two inches long) into
the hole in the lever, then reach down from the top and grab them w/needle
nose pliers and draw them up halfway through. I admit I don't do this very
often, but I don't remember having to take out an action to do it. Am I
overlooking something here? Probably...

Bob Davis