Steinway decal further

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 06:43:58 -0600

Hey list,
Steinway has always used the London name on their decals before Hamburg.  I
had heard that S&S had a rebuilding shop there (London) but never a
factory.  Is that true?.  Why would they put London ahead of Hamburg?
James Grebe
R.P.T. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com
"Only my best is good enough"

> From: ETomlinCF3@aol.com
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Steinway decal
> Date: Friday, October 31, 1997 8:51 PM
>
> Does any one on the list know the correct decal for a 1926 Steinway "L".
Does
> it just say "Steinway & Sons" or does it say    "S & S"Hamburg, LOndon,
New