Steinway decal

Frank Weston waco@ari.net
Sat, 01 Nov 1997 08:45:34 -0500

ETomlinCF3@aol.com wrote:

> Does any one on the list know the correct decal for a 1926 Steinway "L". Does
> it just say "Steinway & Sons" or does it say    "S & S"Hamburg, LOndon, New
> York.  Does any one have a decal to spare for the fallboard.  The customer
> wants it to be what was original... the previous tech changed it and they
> wish to change it back.
> I tried to call Decals Unlimited today and their number (612) 429-4465 was
> now a private residence.  Do I have an old number or what?
>
> Thanks for your help...  reply to pianotech@cheerful.com
>
> Ed Tomlinson
> Tomlinson Tuning and Repair
> Vancouver Wa

The proper decal for a 1926 "L" just says "Steinway & Sons".  Of course,
that still leaves you about about five decals to choose from.  Based on
a 1922 "L" I just inspected, the appropriate one of the five would be
No. 2493 from the Decals Unlimited catalog.  Their number should be
(612) 429 4465 or FAX (612) 429 5155.  Perhaps you misdialed?

Frank Weston