Harmston & Fickling, Cardiff, Wales

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sat, 01 Nov 1997 10:33:07 +0000

Barrie Heaton <Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk> posted:
Had a look for you and found not a sausage, it must have been a stencle
piano, made by the Co-op it may have an Herberger Brooks Action in
it and  a label on the key bed with a date on it.  It will be in
the bass

Barrie,

Thank you for looking and for the key bed location idea.  I will log
that in my dBase for the next service call visit.

The piano is actually in decent shape.  It is straight strung, has 85
notes, and has a nice case and tone considering all its travels in the
world.

I did a CA treatment, then raised pitch -200 to A440.  Keys could be
releveled and damper system regulated, but other than that, the piano is
in use and being enjoyed by the owner.

Sincerely,

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net