Home Owners Insurance Cancellation

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Sun, 02 Nov 1997 10:23:30 -0800

One of the reasons I haven't been on the list much recently is that I
got a letter from State Farm along with a premium refund of check
stating that they were not renewing my insurance because of the business
in my home!  I asked them why they were upset now when I had been doing
this for 25 years and the majority of my work was done in peoples
homes.  My agent said she didn't know the reason; the decision was made
at the home office.

Well folks, I had an independent broker try to find me insurance for a
couple of weeks and the consensus was:

1. No insurer of homes wants anything to do with a business there,
and...

2. No commercial insurer wants anything to do with a home!

Catch-22 situation...right?  Twilight Zone time isn't it?

Anyway I called State Farm back and asked if they would re-instate if I
moved the business elsewhere.  She called the Home Office and they said
"SURELY"!

A Word to the Wise, guys.  Keep your home operations secret!

That little mistake is costing me $300 a month just for shop space!

Regards,

Warren

--
Home of the Humor List