Home Owners Insurance Cancellation

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Sun, 02 Nov 1997 17:20:44 -0800

THEOFONE@aol.com wrote:

> Mr Fisher,
> An insurance companys ONLY interest is T H E I R S,,,not yours as I stated
> earlier.We want to believe that we can perhaps get something from
> them,but....they do nothing but compile statistics and gamble that you WON'T
> have an accident,,you gamble that you WILL.Those stats tell them the
> likelyhood of how many miles you will drive before you WILL wreck,(by
> gender,occupation,age,yearly milage,ect)when you will die,(by what you eat
> drink and smoke),and just maybe when a piano plate may break.So just like any
> smart gambler they get out when they think a loss is imminent.Have you ever
> been dropped because you NEVER had a claim???Years ago in Pennsylvania this
> was commonplace.If a claim was NEVER made ,their profit was high on your
> policy,so you were dropped.On the other hand ,if you made  a couple of small
> claims, they needed to keep you to recover lost profits.If claims were too
> large ,they cut their losses and you were dropped.Fortunately, in
> Pennsylvania,our state insurance comissioner.Herb Dennenberg,got a law passed
> to dissallow this practice,but the insurance companys also passed a law  for
> manditory auto insurance,so the rates went up again!!!!!.....and they made
> more profit than before...In a society where insurance in our buisness is
> just about manditory,I feel its a shame when you are penalized for what you
> do.They also do anything NOT to pay a claim so do you really have insurance
> insurance anyway?????I also dont believe in misrepresentation,BUT I dont walk
> in your shoes.Insurance companys misrepresent  themselves,AND us.
>

>                                                      BEST of LUCK
>
>                                                      Theodore Mamel RPT

Theodore and List,one of the reasons I was willing to put up with this
crap from State Farm is because of their excellent claim paying record.
Every claim I have ever had, they have given me an open purchase order
to any repair place on their approved list immediately upon receipt of
my claim!  And the places on the list are the best, most reliable in my
area!

One chap mentioned that $300 was just the beginning and mentioned
utilities and other stuff.  In my case it includes utilities, however
this being a good friend, we are going to look at it again when he gets
a few bills in.  In this instance since my friend is a refinisher, and
wood worker, I will be enclosing my shop area and putting in a filtered
positive air flow system to protect the pianos from dust and overspray.
This proximity is good for both of us.  I can sell refinishing work and
he can sell piano work.  My partner moves pianos and he doesn't!  The
working envoirnment is less than I would like, but who gets everything!

Thanks for all the advice guys,

Warren
--
Home of the Humor List