uprights

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sun, 02 Nov 1997 22:52:40 -0500

Dear Ralph,

I tend to agree with you, that rebuilding old uprights is cost
prohibative, but the end result is far superior than most of what you
can get today for the same money.

Years ago I acquired, I don't remember how, an old mirror upright.  I
was planning to throw it out when my wife, a music teacher, said she
could use it in her class room.  Well, I did restring, hammers, butts,
bushings, dampers and keytops and sold it for a reasonable price to her
school.  A few weeks ago a friend in Dallas tuned it and called me to
say how much he enjoyed following up on my work.  Now THAT is worth
working for.

Many old upright where made far superior to most made since WW II.

I am with you, I don't do them unless I have to, but am rewarded for my
efforts by the results.

	Newton
	nhunt@jagat.com