Home Owners Ins. Canc.

Bob Anderson fndango@azstarnet.com
Mon, 03 Nov 1997 17:39:27 -0700

Warren, my home owner's ins. has been with Farmers for about 15 years. I
was burglarized about 9 years ago during a move to a new residence. My
detached garage at my old residence(which also served as my shop) was
the target. I lost a variety of things stored there, some personal, some
relating to my business. I also had the PTG tool-bailee ins. Between the
two companies, we figured out who was responsible for what, and they
both paid my claims with no problem.

I wouldn't hide the truth from the ins. co. if I were you. If you are
using your home for business and don't reveal it, then if the ins. co.
finds out when you make a claim, they won't pay for anything relating to
your business. Now you know of at least one company that will insure
your home(at least they have been doing it for me, knowing that I have a
business there) even though you operate a business there.

Of course maybe they've changed their policy without my knowing it. Then
I'll be in for a big surprise if I ever have another claim. You might
try Farmers. If you do let the list know how it goes.

Yours,

Bob Anderson