attachment

Tue, 04 Nov 1997 14:23:07 -0800

Anne, et al,

I can't speak for those using Eudora Light, but the Pro versions
(from 3.0 up, anyway), have a setting under Tools/Options/Attachments
which allows a couple of variations on dealing with attachments in
general.  While there does not seem to be a Win95 equivalent for redirecting
the vcards, one can choose to delete attachments when emptying the
trash - clumsy but effective.

We're pretty well locked into using Eudora at Stanford because of
site licensing.  It's an OK mail program, but has some holes.  Those
of adventurous bent (using Intel machines) might want to try
Pegasus Mail.  Now at ver. 2.54 (or thereabouts), it is a very robust,
fairly easy to configure, (virtually) bombproof program which has
the added advantage of being free for the asking.

Since someone mentioned them, the M$ mail programs have
several nasty habits, including losing their minds if your
machine hangs whilst the mail program is open...  Maybe,
just maybe, they'll fix that kind of thing.

Well, ok, this isn't really a piano post in a sense.  On the other
hand, if we can work out ways to help each other maximize
what the net can do for us, the same ends of sharing and
communication are served.

Best to all.

Horace

At 04:43 PM 11/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
>At 02:00 PM 11/4/97 -0600, you wrote:
>>Anne,
>>
>>   On my Mac (Eudora Pro), under Special, then settings, there is a way to
>>have the program automatically send the "vcard" things to the trash. Maybe
>>yours could be set to do the same thing?
>>
>>Avery
>>

>  Thanks for the tip, though I just looked and found no such setting under
>Settings.  Of course, I have Eudora Light, so it may not be possible.  I'll
>just have to clean up my attachments file more often.  I just saw seven
>versions of Del's card in my attachments file.  Seems like a silly way to do
>things.
>
> Anne
>Anne Beetem
>Harpsichords & Historic Pianos