Bandsaw Advice

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 22:08:08 -0600

Dearest List,
I am shopping for a new bandsaw and thought I had made a decision, but
after a bad report from the owner of the saw I had decided on, I'm not
sure.  I am looking for a good saw that I don't have to spend lots of time
adjusting.  I plan to use it for various shop procedures and some medium
duty woodworking.  I had hoped for a Delta 14", but the cost for it ($750
plus attachments) is a lot of money to me.  I've heard Bill Spurlock and
others praise the Grizzly that is comparable in many ways($300) but tonight
I got a bad report from a friend who said his kept going out of alignment,
etc.

I KNOW Delta is good, but three times the price good?  How 'bout other
brands?  The Delta will run me $1100-$1200 after a miter guide, guides,
fence, etc.  How 'bout best prices around? I've got other things I'd like
to get and hate to sink more than I have to on one of them.  Thanks!

Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.
lafargue@iamerica.net