SAT users

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Fri, 07 Nov 1997 22:46:00 -0700 (MST)

Hi David:

The reason the FAC numbers project a tuning that is slightly wide at
the double octave is in order to help the triple octave to not sound
so flat. Most tuners can tolerate a little wider single octave in order
to not have the high treble sound flat.

It is still a personal preference, and you are certainly within your
right to your own view of what sounds best.

The new SAT III will have an even better control of the double octave
relationships and will not have the necessity of resetting the machine
at C5 if one wishes an even wider double octave stretch.

Jim Coleman, Sr.