SAT III info received in Orlando [LONG]

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Sun, 9 Nov 97 09:08:46 -0600

I tried to send the following privately, but it bounced.
This is a scan of the SAT III promotional material distributed in Orlando.
You might have to view this with a mono-spaced font to make sense of it.

Kent Swafford

THEOFONE@aol.com wrote:

>I hav'nteven heard of it [SAT III].I use SAT Can anyone describe the features
price
>ect. I would appreciate that very much .
>                                              Theodore Mamel RPT
>                                               Pittsburgh Pa

The Real Cost of an Accu-Tuner

A customer of Inventronics was recently discussing with us

how satisfied she was with the value of the Accu-Tuners

that she has owned, which pleased us because she has a

reputation as being very frugal. In our conversation she

mentioned something about squeezing a nickel till something

about the buffalo... We decided to convey the pertinent

parts of our conversation to demonstrate the low cost of

owning an AccuTuner.

Our technician purchased the SAT S/N 14 in December 1982

for $950, owned the unit for 5 years 9 month and spent $110

in that period for repairs and upgrades. When it was time

for another repair, with a tuning schedule of 1,400 pianos

to tune a year, she decided to trade in S/N 14 rather than

go without an AccuTuner while it was being repaired. The
 cost per month was for S/N 14 was $10.97. The replacement

Accu-Tuner S/N 969 was purchased September 16, 1988 and

never needed repairs, until it was traded in last month

(6/17/97). Sanderson Accu-Tuner S/N 969 went 8 years 9

months without ever breaking and the cost for S/N 969 was

$7.50 per month!

If our technician has the same success with her new S/N

3077 as she had with S/N 969 it will cost her $7.54 per

month to own her third Accu-Tuner. If our customer had kept

her first Accu -Tuner, the cost per month would have been

much lower. The depreciation of an Accu-Tuner is less than

a Mercedes.

Benefits of the Sanderson Accu-Tuner IIITM

We have been listening over the years to the features that

you would like us to incorporate, but until now there has

not been a drarnatic enough leap in technologies to jump

from our present product to the Sanderson Accu -Tuner III.

We are taking advantage of several new technologies to

increase battery life, increase the accuracy, increase the

ability of the filter circuit to reject noise by a factor

of four, inrease the reliability and in essence to increase

the value for you.

Longer Battery Life: We are now offering a

nickel-metal-hydride battery in the Sanderson Accu-Tuner

III. The new battery will offer an even longer battery

charge than the Accu-Tuner II. We know from the SAT II that

a battery charge is lasting 50 to 60 hours. The SAT III

battery has more capacity than the SAT II battery, and we

are being conservative in our claims for the new battery

run time. As we are able to trim the consumption of some

remaining power hungry circuits , we feel confident that we

will be able to deliver more than 70 to 80 hours of use

between charging.

Adjustable Double Octaves: With the Accu-Tuner III you will

be able to adjust the width of your octaves on the fly. If
 you are tuning the treble and the octaves sound a little

narrow, you can use the "SHIFT" and "D.O. Beat" button to
 widen the double octave calculation and add more stretch.
 If there is still not enough stretch as you are finishing

up the treble, you can increase the D.O. stretch number

again and quickly tie the new stretching into the last
 octave. The D.O. Beat button works in the bass as well.

 Note Stepping: Now you can tune the piano without having to

advance the Accu -tuner with the foot or thumb switch. The

new filter circuit has four sections to it, we designed one

section with a peak at 100 cents flat, and another section

to peak at 100 cents sharp. By designing the filter circuit

to listen for pitches one note up/down, we can essentially

listen for the notes on either side of the note you are

tuning and automatically advance in the appropriate

direction. By precisely defining the pitch that we are

looking for to change notes we can eliminate unexpected

changes in the note that Accu-Tuner is set to. No more

cords to roll and unroll.

Tuning Sequence: Now for the technicians that have been

bugging us for years, you can program in your own aural

sequence to keep in practice, and to check the tuning as

you proceed. (Yes Randy, we heard you years ago)

FAC Numbers: Originally we did not think that there would

be such a desire to review the FAC numbers after the SAT

had been turned off. We were wrong, and we have corrected

the problem. You will be able to review the three stretch

numbers from the SAT now. Once you have pulled up a page in

memory, if you press the STRETCH button alone you will be

able to toggle through the three stretch numbers of that

page in memory.

Non-Equal Temperaments: Now you can add any of 15 of your

own temperaments to any page in memory. All you have to do

is enter the corrections for one octave on a 12 note

temperament page, pull up a regular page of memory, and the

selected temperament will automatically add to the page of

memory as you tune.

4 1/2 Digit Display: The extra digit in the display has

allowed us to indicate whether the new features are

activated or not. Before this break to a totally new

Accu-Tuner we were limited with what we could offer without
 confusing the users as to what was going on.

 While redesigning, Inventronics was able to take advantage

of some of the latest technology. There is a company in

California that has developed a revolutionary style of

memory. While we are using the SAT it acts like

conventional Random Access Memory (RAM), but when the SAT

is turned off it loads all of the information into Read

Only Memory (ROM). Why are we telling you this? It means

that we no longer need a battery to back up RAM, which will

provide both of us with a more reliable product. No loss of

tunings in memory, no chance of losing your valuable

library of aural tunings. More for you to celebrate.....

Inventronics is always looking for ways to improve the

Accu-Tuners. We are at a point in the development of the

SAT III that if you have an idea that you wish we could

incorporate into the design, please let us know. We will

have a clipboard to collect your requests to be able to

consider them when we get back to Massachusetts.

For our present Accu-Tuner customers we will not be able to

upgrade Accu-Tuners I + II, but if you purchased an

Accu-Tuner within the last six months we are working on an

equitable arrangement to transition up to an Accu-Tuner

III. Please let us know if you would like to trade up to an

SAT III.

Thumb Switches

We have thumb switches ready for delivery. Inventronics has

been testing three different designs looking for the most

durable thumb switch. If you are one of the many that have

been waiting patiently, we are ready to deliver.

IBM Software

We are vorking to fill a void in communicating with an Accu

-Tuner II and now the Accu -Tuner III: Inexpensive IBM

software. We are writing a program that will communicate

through the common MIDI interfaces, and allow the freedom

of downloading your tunings and being able to save them to

disk. This will be available this fall, the software is

eighty percent complete, and we are working with a

consultant to finish testing communicating through various

 MIDI interfaces. We are starting out with the serial port
 MIDI interface and will branch out to interface with other

MIDI interfaces as soon as we finish with the first
 interface.

Announcing the Sanderson Accu-Tuner ~ TM

Smaller, Lighter, but more Powerful

Now Taking Orders *

Feature	      Sanderson Accu-Tuner II	     Sanderson

Accu-Tuner III

Accuracy	     +/- 0.02 cents	              +/- 0.005 cents

Resolution	   +/- 0.05 cents	              +/- 0.05 cents

Repeatability	+/- 0.05 cents	              +/- 0.05 cents

		                                         Play the Note

                                           Above,

Note          Stepping	Footswitch,Keyboard Automatically

                                           Steps Up,

		                                         Play the Note

                                           Below,

                                           Automatically

Steps Down

		                                         ~0.5 Beats per

                                           second,

Octave Width	 ~0.5 Beats per second	       or User-Adjust

                                           Double-Octave

                                           Width

Tuning Sequence

         	    Chromatic	                   Chromatic or

                                           User-Entered Sequence

FAC Numbers	  Retrievable until SAT	       Retrievable with

                                           the

              is turned off	               Memory Page

Battery Life  NiCad 50-60 hours	           NiMh 70-80 hours

                                           Per	Charge

Battery Life, Cost

             	4 to 6 years, $30.00	        4 to 6 years,

                                           $45.00

Battery Charge Status

            	 None	                        % of Charge Left

Non-Equal	    Custom Store in Memory	      15 User Pages,

                                           select to

Temperaments	                              combine with any

                                           Memory

                                           Page

Weight	       1.5 lbs	                     1.0 lb

Dimensions	   7.5" x 5.5 x 3.75"	          6" x 4.5" x 3"

		                                         4 1/2 Digits with

LCD Display	  3 1/2 Digits	                step-up,

                                           step-down, and

	                                          Temperament

Indicators

PTG Exam Program

          	   Yes, Special Order	          Standard

Memory Capacity

             	60 Pages Standard, 206 max	  200 Pages

                                           Standard

Filter Specifications

             	One Section Active Filter	   Four Section

                                           Bandpass

             	                             Filter

Long Term Value

             10 Year Depreciation only 30%, retains 70% of

             its cost.

Long Term Durability

             All Accu-Tuners are still repairable and still

             usable

Ruggedness	          Rarely breaks when dropped,

             regularly survives being dropped from a piano.

Repair Service	              1 to 2 days in shop

Support	  Toll Free Support l-800-FAST-440 (800-327-8440)

          9:00-5:00+ EST Monday thru Friday, excluding

                            holidays.

*	Reserve your Sanderson Accu-Tuner III now with a deposit

of $400.00 and see if your favorite number is still

available. Serial Numbers start at 5001. Delivery in the

Fall of 1997. Email Inventronics at Inventrncs@aol.com or

our Web page at http://www.cris.com/~fast44O/.