Da Buzz

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 14:43:59 +0000

More Buzzes and Creeping Things:
    At CMU, flies burn themselves on the stage lights, fall down and lay
wounded on the floor or in the piano. When the piano is played, the
flies are stimulated and buzz.  About that M, check the damper stop
rail, this critter and/or its' screws could be it.  Another buzz which
"came right from the soundboard decal" turned out to be the rear caster
contacting unevenly with the floor which had a small dent.
      Has anyone else noticed that spiders are attracted to piano tones
during tuning, perhaps thinking the vibrations are prey?  I've had them
hang all around me and watched them head toward the piano no matter what
I do, (not good for arachniphobic piano tuners).
-Mike Jorgensen.