Werkmeister temperament specs (fwd)

Ron Torrella torrella@umich.edu
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 00:12:29 -0500 (EST)

I'm forwarding your message to The List -- pianotech.

LIST: Just in case Mr. Schecter isn't subscribed, anyone with an answer
for him should be sure to include a copy *directly* to him.

Thanks!

			     Ron Torrella, RPT
			Assistant Piano Technician
			  University of Michigan
			      School of Music

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 97 20:56:06 -0800
From: schecter <schecter@emf.net>
To: ctuner <ctuner@reyburn.com>
Subject: Werkmeister temperament specs

Hi, all. I have occasion to tune a piano in Werkmeister 3 temperament
tomorrow (yes,
Wednesday!). I've been looking everywhere for the cents deviation from
equal, but
can't find it in Jorgenson or from anyone I've asked. So I have two
questions:

1) Is any tuning in the Historical Temperaments the same as or nearly
Werkmeister 3?

2) Does anyone know the numbers? I just need the values for one octave,
from A3-A4.

I would really appreciate it if anyone can help - there is a concert in
San Francisco of
new music, and a Japanese composer apparently wants some different
intervallic texture.

I'm tuning at 12 noon Wednesday, with or without specs, so if you can
help, please email
soon! Thanks very much!

 -Mark Schecter