another opinion on "...is this honest"

Danny Moore danmoore@ih2000.net
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 22:38:50 -0600

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols wrote:

>         I thought that almost everything mattered, when dealing with a customer's
> perceptions of our trade. We may separate service from retail, but a lot of
> customers will lump all the piano people together if they feel like they've
> been deceived.

Guy,I think you nailed it with this sentence.  The key is "a customer's
perceptions."  Whether we like it or not, there is definately a Wal-Mart mentality
out there.  People, as a marketing statistic, seem to prefer the illusion of the big
deal, extravaganza type sale with lots of people, lots of hype and a lot less service
and personal attention than if they had walked into your store with fewer customers
where they could have had your personal attention.  Seems to be a part of our
acquisitive, use-it-up and throw-it-away society.  Regardless of personal feelings,
if the customer didn't demand it, the manufacturer wouldn't supply it!

Danny Moore
Houston Chapter