Delaminated pin block

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 17:30:56 -0600

Don,
Read the archives on epoxying the pinblock with Epotek water thin epoxy.
This has worked GREAT and is much smarter, particularly on this situation.
You'll love the way the pins feel and it's been done for a decade or so.
All info/evidence points to long-term success.  Sorry I can't go into
detail now, I'm running out the door.  E-mail me if you'd like more info
later (if the archives don't help).
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.
lafargue@iamerica.net

----------
> From: Don <drose@dlcwest.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Delaminated pin block
> Date: Friday, November 14, 1997 2:38 PM
>
> Hi All,
>
> The Piano...well that is being generous
>
> A 4' 9" grand made by Mason & Risch some time before 1895, ivory keys in
> mint condition
>
> BUT pin block three layer...bottom layer mostly separated...like an 1/8
of
> an inch.
>
> Question:
>
> Any point in removing the action, jacking up the delaminated layer, and
> using CA glue copiously?
>
> I can not honestly suggest the instrument is *worthy* of a replacement
pin
> block. There is little or no sentimental value folks.
>
> Opinions please...and if you want to reply privately I will understand.
*grin*