airline travel

Brad Smith bsmith006@sprintmail.com
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 22:22:11 -0500

Howard S. Rosen wrote:

> I would appreciate  input on airline travel with tools. Thanks in advance.

They would not let me on the plane with my toolbox. It had to be checked
at the gate.   They said that I could dismantle the plane with those
tools!  Or, use them as a weapon. This was in 1985, I imagine that now I
wouldn't even get past the initial metal-detector security check.
I would find a way to securely lock your toolbox, and get insurance.
When I once traveled with a guitar, they made me sign a damage/loss
waiver.
Good luck!

Brad Smith, RPT
Manchester, NH