..what is..

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 18:26:18 -0700

At 06:15 PM 11/17/97 -0500, you wrote:
>..the proper mixture of Garfields to Alcohol?..was it 4-1?..

Phil,
	I like a 50/50 mix, with methanol. It smells less, and flashes slower. I
have had lots of good luck with Garfield, but when the pins are
SUPER-loose, it hasn't worked quite as well. Of course, we get real good
penetration and absorption out here where the air is normally at about 15
percent in the winter. You'll need to make a few passes, and you may need
to pause a few minutes in between. I learned (the hard way) to double check
the ventilation and any customer "sensitivities" to chemical smells.
Sometimes the old squares had solid (read: no layers) blocks, and were
incurable without larger pins. Driving the pins on a square can be a real
headache, if the wires are original.
ALSO: Everyone on the list with square experience will tell you..... go
ahead and make you chiropractors' appointment now...

Have fun!

Guy