Underlever is Under

Paul Dempsey dempsey@ramlink.net
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 18:37:32 -0400

>The 1915 Steinway "A"  (6'4") I am rebuilding has this type of system.  I
>>realized it when installing the dampers and the last one I came to in the
>>treble is missing the underlever. I am not sure whether to let it go, or find
>>a way to install a new one if I can get the part.
>>
>>Your input is greatly appreciated!
>>
>>Dave Peake, RPT
>>Portland, OR

Dave,

If this is a rebuild, then save yourself loads of problems and replace the entire back action, tray, lifters, the whole enchilada. You'll be glad you did and it will make for a better final product. Renners backaction kit is excellent and a breeze to fit.

Be sure to by the special bit for drilling the flange screw holes.

Paul E. Dempsey
Piano Tuner/Technician
Marshall University
Huntington, WV