..rebuild a George Steck..?

Phil Bondi tito@peganet.com
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 22:23:15 -0500 (EST)

..it's 62 years old..it needs everything..it's ugly..but it still has life
left in it..

..the owner is moving from a house to a condo and instead of moving the
piano to the new place as is, she is *toying* with the idea of someone
re-building the piano and then have it moved into her new condo..the person
doing the re-building would be me..

..the question I have is this..

..In my mind I'm thinking that I couldn't do this for less than $6,000..It
is only a 4'6" Piano..She has already asked me about the *replacement value*
of this piano..I told her if she elects to re-build it, then she could hand
it down to her Grandchildren knowing that it had been re-built..I asked her
if she could put a value on that scenario..she said no..

..then I bought up the scenario that she move it as is into her new condo..i
asked her if the piano fits with the *decor*..she said no, that's why she's
thinking about re-building it..making it *pretty* again..

..it's my opinion that the rules of:

*What you MUST do*
*What you SHOULD do*
*What yo COULD do*

do not apply here..It's all or nothing with this one.

..opinions are warmly welcomed.