Damp Chaser whithout control

Oleg Isaac oleg_i@club-internet.fr
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 06:33:56 +0100

Hello Newton, and all

French Yamaha techs told me at YAMAHA have three fabrications with
different hygrometrics, wich are fowarded accordently to the country. It
seems tha you have the same quality in U.S. than in Europ, A quality is
sold in Asia and in Japan with a hygh moist in wood degree. A quality is
"tropicalized"

BTW they use some sillicon oil on the keyboard pins, before reaming the
holes with their very special tool goinfg from top of the bushing, I've
found it veri precise.
May be this oil help the wood to stabilize a bit.
Personnally I've sprayed Teflon on the keyboard pins, but it lasts too
much friction BMO.
I ve seen a grey lube on some pins but it does not last long - a liitle
inaesthetic anyway.

Somethings bothers me . Have you non-nickel plated pins on Steynway
flanges ?. That is very surprising to me. If it is it seems evident they
must corrode with time.

Does somebody know where I could be immunated against P.S.O.? I've never
heard tech life could be so dangerous. Is there some radical cure in the
case I get one ?
what is it aniway? may be its is too late ?
please answer me.

Good to read you.

Best Regards...

Isaac OLEG