Grand knuckle material

Sun, 23 Nov 1997 13:44:25 -0600

Hello list,

Bill, I think you are right on about the squeak turning into a click at
normal playing speed.

I've battled the same for years using a variety of methods and lubricants.
For the last four or five years i've used a combination of Protek on the
knuckles _and_ McLube sprayed on the balancier and jack top. In my practice
room situations it seems to be effective for about 3 years. I'd think it
would last longer in the "real" world.

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT		hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu
Luther College Music Technician	pno2ner@salamander.com
Decorah, Iowa 52101		Voice 	(319)-387-1204
				Fax	(319)-387-1076

Cheer up! Nobody's entirely worthless, they can always serve as a horrible
example.