Silicon & naptha

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sun, 23 Nov 1997 22:29:59 -0600 (CST)

><< To Dave Peake!!
>                        Silicone can ONLY be stored in metal OR glass NOT
> plastic. It would eventually pass thruogh the plastic and you only have the
> carrier fluid left which is why you dont notice this much. When you buy it,
> it comes in a metal can...
>                                                      Theodore Mamel RPT
>                                                       Pittsburgh Chapter
>  >>
>Theodore,
>
>Then why does it last longer in an airtight heavy duty plastic container?
> Glass jars, not matter how tight I make it, evaporates the silnap in a
>hurry.  Never a problem with what I use.
>
>Dave Peake, RPT
>Portland, OR

I have Silicone (Silioil), Part #TX650001, that I ordered years ago, still
unused.  It was delivered in a non-flexible plastic container with a metal
screw-on cap, and that was sealed inside a plastic bag.  I believe this
would constitute a debunking of plastic being a non-suitable container for
silicone.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician